New England Podiatry Associates has been closely monitoring information and recommendations from the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Health about the COVID-19, Coronavirus. Even before the outbreak, our medical staff has used standard infection control practices.
By following current guidelines and recommendations, we have put extra protocols in place to reduce risk to our patients and medical staff members:
- We ask that any patient or family member that displays symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath, to reschedule appointments until they are free of symptoms. We ask this of our medical staff members as well.
- Our Newton-Wellesley Hospital office location will be closed temporarily, beginning on March 23rd, in order to keep patients away from the hospital environment. We will continue to see patients at our Chestnut Hill office from Mondays through Thursdays only.
- In order to minimize contact, we ask that you bring ONLY one additional person with you to your appointment if absolutely needed (i.e. caregiver or parent of a child).
- Our Podiatrists are available by phone for consultations via Telemedicine (virtual) appointments. Please inquire when you call if this is appropriate for your condition.
CDC recommends taking everyday precautions to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and influenza, by doing the following:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
- Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
- Consult the CDC’s travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 617-232-1752
The Podiatrists and Staff of New England Podiatry Associates